Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Seminar

So over the weekend (September 11th and 12th) I attended a 2-day seminar in Seattle called Dog Aggression, Fear and Play. It was hosted by Ahimsa Dog training, where the founder and trainer Grisha Stewart spoke on the first day about BAT training (Behavioral Adjustment Training) with Aggression and Fear, and then on the second day, Patricia McConnell spoke about Dog Reactivity and Play. It was so much fun! So much learning I loved it. I got a rush from it all and couldn't wait to share my new knowledge and education with my friends and co-workers. So over the past couple of days I have just been talking to all of my friends and co-workers and have not had to the time to type it out, but here I am! The only way I can make myself better as a trainer is to attend more seminars and to continue to teach classes and to observe others. I also registered myself through the Association of Pet Dog Trainers, so I am very happy about that. This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time, and now I've (finally) went for it. The next seminar that I am set on attending will be in March, the exact dates are not posted yet, but it will be a 3 day seminar (friday, saturday and sunday) in Portland Oregon with Ian Dunbar! I can scream in excitement just thinking about it. Hopefully my friend and co-worker Kacee can attend the seminar with me. That would make the seminar 10x's more fun!
I will post again another night when I am not about to eat dinner.
Good Night All!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home